Each radio interview runs five-to-eight minutes and is conducted over the phone so there is a lot of flexibility to the location of your spokesperson as long as a quiet room is available. Our experienced Radio Media Tours producers will coordinate the RMT to help everything run smoothly and the client can listen in and offer feedback between interviews to the producer and spokesperson.
Our Radio Media Tour services includes:
• Developing a media advisory with a news hook that cuts through the clutter
• Drafting a suggested message point script for your spokesperson to maximize airtime and focus the message
• Providing the suggested script questions for radio stations to guide the interview
• Targeting your customized priority radio markets and networks
• Personal pitching to stations with
• All teleconferencing costs
• Producing and moderating all interviews
• Digital mp3 File of RMT Interviews (History)
• Private page online posting
• 100% follow-up with participating outlets
• Final broadcast usage report
• Selected Airchecks (where available)
Guaranteed Audience Reach. The bottom line is all about audience reach and each CMP Media Cafe RMT guarantees a minimum 4.5 million audience impressions with most tours exceeding 5 million.
The Right Storytelling Angle is Everything. CMP Media Cafe specializes in working with our clients to develop the right newsworthy storytelling angle for your RMT story or corporate message and we know how to cut through the clutter and get your spokesperson interviews. We also customize your RMT news hooks and interviews for local radio markets since stations love a localized angle.
Who You Should Use as a Spokesperson. Just like satellite media tours, Radio Media Tours can involve a celebrity spokesperson or appropriate industry expert for your topic to promote your product, event, book and more. RMTs only require a 2-4 hour block of time and they are convenient for your spokesperson since they can call in from their home, office, or anywhere in the world making it easy to organize logistics around complicated schedules since no travel is involved. The spokesperson you choose for the SMT must be "bookable" with stations and have media experience or be open to media training to prepare them for the RMT. Your ideal brand ambassador should be either:
• a nationally recognized celebrity or influencer.
• an authority on the topic of your story angle.
• an expert in the industry.
• a person who has had a personal experience with the product or service.
Media Training Ensures Your RMT is a Home Run. We also provide RMT media training from a former network television producer so your selected spokesperson is completely prepared and mediagenic for the tour (additional fees apply). Depending on the spokesperson’s media experience, media training may be absolutely essential for a successful satellite media tour.
If your company is investing a significant budget for a public relations campaign into a radio media tour, but fails to budget for professionally media training your on-camera spokesperson, your brand could be damaged and your investment wasted.
A Two-to-Four-Hour Radio Media Tour is the Industry Standard. RMTs are typically scheduled for a two-to-four-hour window in order to maximize media interviews and exposure. Your spokesperson and/or influencer can visit 8-to-22 cities across the country in a matter of hours and this gives your company immediate access to a radio audience in your target markets with your message. We offer several standard radio media tour options to accommodate your schedule and budget:
• 2 Hours: 8-10 Interviews
• 3 Hours: 12-16 Interviews
• 4 Hours: 18-22 Interviews
Radio Media Tour companies are not all the same and CMP Media Cafe takes the time to listen to you to help you develop the most effective way to deliver your message to your audience, achieve your public relations goals, and within your budget parameters to determine what is needed to maximize the success of your SMT.
Radio Media Tour Tips & Resources
Contact us at 213-986-8070 for more information and ask about our Premium Targeted Top-Tier Market SMTs.